Friday, October 10, 2008

Picture Tagged

Well, apparently I am supposed to go to my 4th file of pictures and put my 4th picture on here and talk about it. I organize my photos in a unique way... I have my personal pictures from growing up in one area, Ian's growing up pictures in another, and our pictures together in a third place. I decided I should probably do our pictures together for this- thinking it would be a wedding picture or something [apparently I haven't scanned all of those yet though...] so what I came across was this:



Not exactly what I expected.. but since I was tagged by my friend, Michelle, I didn't want her to see me not go along... and being so thrown off by the picture chosen, I couldn't really think of a clever way to choose another picture to put in its place without feeling like such a cheat. Talking about this picture is another issue- because of all of the emotions involved. Next week will be 9 years from when my mother passed away- so this is a bit of a reflective time for me anyway. Also, I look pretty silly in this picture with my bleached-blonde hair... what can I say, I haven't always followed styles! [Kind of like the dress I'm wearing, but I was wearing it for sentimental value- it was my mother's]. However, this picture is not from my mother's funeral- rather, it is from my father's funeral- 3 1/2 years ago. We wanted to take one last picture before he was lowered into the ground next to my mother. I hate to admit it, but I haven't been back to their gravesite since this picture was taken. [Living on the other side of the country could have something to do with that though...] Anyway, I'm supposed to tag 3 more people with blogs for them to also follow this assignment- hopefully it's a little more pleasant for you! [My friend Michelle came across a HILARIOUS picture - click on the title of this and it'll take you there.] So, I tag Megan B., Molly A., and Amy M. Good luck- I'll be watching for yours! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your picture made me sad! I guess I will be doing the picture thing...

Megan said...

Wow. That is a very sentimental photo and yet, I'm sure you are very glad that you have it. I love you Kristen. I know we aren't super close anymore, but I do still love you. :)

Michelle said...

Hey you know if you ever need I can stop by there for you and leave some roses..it has been awhile since I stopped there...I live here so please feel free to ask!! lots of love!!

Generic125x125