Thursday, October 13, 2011

September In a Flash

We ran a 5k with my sister & her husband- they're first! And I pushed the kids this time so Ian could push himself and I could stay back with my sister, who was pushing her son also. The front wheel of my stroller popped out after maybe a 1/2 mile, but with some help we got it back on and finished around the 45 minute mark. I am so proud of Paige and hope we can do it again next summer- and beat our time!


I ran my first half marathon- downhill the entire way- through Mt. Nebo/Payson canyon. It was beautiful and I finished in about 2 1/2 hours with inadequate training, so I was very pleased. I had lost some of my motivation for running and just was too lazy to do the full training. I paid for it in pain after this half marathon, but it was SO worth it! And one of my best friends, Abby Hansen, ran it with me- but about 30 minutes faster...

Serra started preschool and LOVES it. This is her in her preschool's T-shirt [they wear them on field trips, etc.] on her first day. Miss Jeanna has preschool in her basement and there are 13 other kids in Serra's class. She goes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but wishes it were every day- well worth the money!

This is just a fun photo of the kids when we went to an expo- they for whatever reason had this really huge rocking chair... still kind of confused by that.

Ian and I also went on a date [thanks to my aforementioned friend, Abby, who watched the kids!]

We went to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert at the Utah State Fair- it was SO fun!

And for just a couple of weeks the kids went to The Little Gym for some gymnastics classes. They really loved them and they learned a lot, but it's REALLY pricey and something we couldn't keep up long-term. Here is a picture of each of them struttin' their stuff!


September went by so quickly, if it weren't for my planner I wouldn't remember what happened! I can't believe fall- and the holidays- are here so quickly! I'm really excited for Halloween this year- it will be a lot of fun with the kids since they're both at different fun stages. I also have another half marathon that I'm inadequately trained for... apparently becoming a regular thing with me... And hopefully I keep up the blog a little better this month!

No comments:

Generic125x125