Monday, April 12, 2010

But you aren't 3 yet...

I've had yet another realization that the clothing industry doesn't assign sizes according to my daughter's age... Serra is indeed tall for her age. I was trying to hold off switching her to 3T, I guess because I didn't want to admit she was that big- have you looked at 3T clothing? It's HUGE! And I figured it was okay that most of her 2T pants were a little short on her because it would be summer soon and shorts are supposed to be short, so no one would notice.

I was wrong. I put a few of her summer outfits on her and not only were the shorts a little shorter than they should be, her shirts were shorter- some wouldn't go over her head- and even the arm holes in some were too small for her skinny arms! So I was defeated and had to pull out the 3T tub. Serra, of course, was delighted to see all the new clothes- especially the dresses.

When I was pulling them out I kept shaking my head saying there was no way this stuff fits her- it looked like the pants were several inches longer than her 2T pants. Surely, Serra is stuck in between the two sizes! So, I pull Serra out of the pile she's raking her hands through to try a few outfits on her. And I still can't believe it, but they fit- I even put on the longest pants I could find in the bunch! They were maybe a little too long, but when she wears shoes it won't matter- and every other pair fit her perfectly.

It was kind of sad to pack up the 2Ts when it felt like she'd only been wearing them for a couple of months, but then I realized that she must have been wearing them for a while because I was getting excited seeing all the new clothes, too. So my tall 2 year old is now wearing 3T and I keep thinking, "but you aren't 3 yet!"

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We have the opposite problem here. Geneva is 3 almost 3 1/2 and she is just now getting to 2t instead of 24 months and now we are slowly very slowly getting into 3t.

Molly said...

If it makes you feel better, Macy's starting to wear 6's and she's not even 5 yet. :)

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

WOW! I bet she is getting big and so freaking cute too! You need to post pregnant pictures of you!

Denise said...

I think Erin completely skipped over the 5's. She turned 5 on Saturday and she's been wearing a 6 for several months now - we've got some tall girls in this family!!

Generic125x125