Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Yesterday we went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake- Serra's first zoo visit! She had more fun staring at other people and fence posts, but it was fun trying to get her to see the animals far away. Today I was pampered for my first "real" Mother's Day [as in, I'm actually a mother of a child, not just pregnant with one!] And it has made me realize just how important my job as a mother is- and how precious my little baby is! I have had a few friends and family who have had struggles with recent- and not so recent- additions to their family. With finances, health, and energy. We are so lucky to be able to provide for our family- and to have the physical and emotional means to do so! We are so lucky, as Ian once put it: "I can't tell you how much I love Serra too. I would be content spending the rest of my life just watching her play. She is the most beautiful baby ever. I was worried about her being born with physical deformities...and not only does she not have any, but everything about her is perfect, even her personality. I can't even imagine a more perfect child. I can't believe how insanely lucky we are to have her."

No comments:

Generic125x125