Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Camera!!!

With our tax returns, we decided to use a little bit of it to spoil me- since we just bought Ian a fancy new laptop, we figured I was owed some fancy new stuff [all of which cost less than his laptop!] So.... I decided to get a new flat iron- and any women settling for something less than a CHI ceramic flat iron is just wasting time doing their hair! I LOVE this flat iron- no more weird flips, body bumps, frizzy hair... and I've straightened all of my hair in a 4th of the time! Here's a pic:

Also, I bought a new purse- well, actually 4 purses in one. It's called the Miche bag- there is a basic bag and then there are magnetic shells that go over it to change the style of the bag to match your outfit- I don't have pictures of it yet because it doesn't arrive until this week- I'll post pictures when I do have it though!

And lastly, I got a new camera- FINALLY! I have had my eye on the Nikon D40 for a long time now and I am SO glad we finally have it! I can take pictures a lot better and a lot faster- with a lot better quality. Every parent should have a good quality camera- I'm just upset we waited so long! So, you'll be seeing a lot more pictures on my blog [I think I took over 300 pictures on the day it arrived in the mail!] :) So here's a picture of my old manual film camera my dad bought me for high school graduation:
Here's the silly little compact digital camera we've been using since a little before Serra was born [would NOT recommend it to anyone!]:
And here is my new snazzy camera [sorry the picture of it stinks, but I can't use it to take a picture of it... so I had to use my silly camera one last time- and believe me, it was the LAST time!]:

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray for a new camera! It looks awesome!

The Mendes Family said...

Yay for new snazzy cameras and things for Kristen! You deserve it! Plus, your birthday's coming up anyway, that's my thought.

Generic125x125