Thursday, March 19, 2009

You make me wanna cry!

I was extremely busy all day today with an enrichment activity for tonight- I'm on the enrichment board, so I get sucked into spending all day setting up for it. :) Anyway, Serra was clearly feeling left out and didn't like having to spend a lot of time at home with Daddy. One of the times I came home, she was playing downstairs while Ian was upstairs. I open the garage door to walk in and she says, "Mama?" [It's a question because she couldn't see who was walking in the door yet.] And so I walk around the corner and say, "yup, it's me!" And she just beams at me and seriously BOLTS towards me, running faster than full speed right into my arms. She gives me a hard squeeze and huge kiss and I think- I couldn't possibly love her more and I missed her, too! Then... she refuses to let me set her down and I start wanting to go back to help out at the church. :) No not really, but she does grate on my nerves sometimes. But I'll always remember how she greeted me today- I seriously shed a couple tears!

On a sad note, we found out that the home we wanted to purchase [someday!] in Pocatello sold. So we'll have to find another one to pine over and watch sell before we sell our home... or maybe this time we'll be lucky and sell our home first! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so sweet! I love moments like that! It makes everything else worth it.

That is so sad about your house!!! I'm sorry!

Generic125x125